[vc_column width=”2/3″]The craft of a blacksmith involves a great deal of skill and expertise, so you should always check the training and background of any Stonehouse blacksmith you’re considering using for a commission.[vc_single_image image=”68″ img_size=”full” image_position=”normal-align-left” has_link=”false” link_type=”normal” css_animation=”left-to-right”][uxb_divider style=”thin”]Check your Stonehouse blacksmith’s credentials
Some of the qualifications and experience you should look out for in a Stonehouse blacksmith could include:
- having served an apprenticeship with a reputable blacksmith
- experience of working as a blacksmith for a number of years
- holding a BTEC National Diploma in Blacksmithing and Metalworking
- having attended a blacksmithing college
- membership of the Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths
- membership of the British Artists Blacksmiths Association
These would all be good signs that your Stonehouse blacksmith has the necessary skills and artistry to carry out commissions and deliver high-quality work.
Speak to your Stonehouse blacksmith
Any good Stonehouse blacksmith will always be happy to tell you about their qualifications and experience, allowing you to make a judgement about whether they’re likely to be skilled to carry out the work you have in mind.
Here at Bibstone Blacksmiths, we are a team of experienced, skilled, qualified and time-served blacksmiths, which can give you assurance that we produce the highest quality craftsmanship in every commission we undertake.[vc_column width=”1/3″]