If you’re looking for a blacksmith around the Filton area, why not speak to us here at Bibstone Blacksmiths? We cover the area around Gloucestershire, Bristol and Bath, and are an expert group of blacksmiths, dedicated to producing the finest hand-crafted items for our customers across the region. Our team of Filton blacksmiths create a vast and diverse range of items from metal, covering everything from candlesticks and hanging basket brackets, through to larger architectural objects like gates, railings, balconies and balustrades. Whatever you can imagine, we can make and we’d be delighted to turn your vision into reality in our forge.
The process of creating your metalwork objects involves time, skill and dedication. These are the kinds of techniques our Filton blacksmiths use to create your unique and bespoke items:
- using the heat of the furnace or forge to heat the metal so that it becomes malleable and ready to work with
- shaping the metal on an anvil using a range of different hand tools, including hammers, tongs, chisels and punches
- incorporating more modern methods, such as the use of power tools like drills, hydraulic presses and grinders
- joining metals together using new and old techniques and welding methods
- working with a range of different metals, each with their own unique properties, including iron, brass, copper, bronze and steel
- applying finishes to the items, so they’re ready for use
I have created a diverse range of items over the years. From candlesticks to ornate gates and fire tool sets to large elegant balconies. I enjoy the challenge of meeting my customer’s requirements. No two jobs are ever the same!